Easy quinoa salad – and it's so healthy for you!
1/2 cup raw whole almonds
1 cup quinoa
1 tbsp honey
3 tbsp finely chopped shallot
1 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp coarse salt
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
1 small pear
freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spread almonds on baking sheet and toast in the oven…about 7 minutes — chop and cool completely.
3. Rinse quinoa and drain.
4. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil and cook according to instructions on package. Let cooked quinoa cool.
5. Whisk together in a larger bowl honey, curry, salt, shallots, lemon juice and pepper. Pour oil in a slow stream while whisking. Whisk until dressing is emulsified.
6. Add cooked, cooled quinoa, currants, chopped up pear, mint and almonds.
7. Toss well and garnish with more mint.
Note: Sometimes you can play around with the measurements according to how the sauce tastes! It is very yummy!