1. Amazon or Chapters Gift Cards– they are tired of reading kid stories. Let them enjoy books of their own choice! Buying professional books over the summer is not allowed!
2. A heartfelt card. Thank a teacher for all their hard work in supporting and helping your child to grow.
3. A personal creation from the child (there is a lot of love and admiration that comes in a gift that they made). One teacher loves her collection of trophies!
4. The old stand-by—- Tim Hortons or Starbucks gift cards. They still need their 'double double' during vacation time.
5. Anything from Bath & Body works– hand sanitizer that smells great, is a huge hits in the class!
6. Booze (did you really think Mrs. Jones didn't like a cocktail on the weekend?)
7. Something related to your hobbies or interests (it shows the students have been paying attention).
8. Gifts that give back, like "arts and crafts" for kids at SickKids.
Also important to note…what teachers DON'T want!
weird chocolates, clothes (yes, one teacher got a shirt and tie- a bit too personal, don't you think?), and please, no more candles!