We had a blast assembling all of our ingredients needed to make and decorate the waffles. My daughter was able to practising measuring and counting as we added each ingredient to the bowl but she needed a little help with holding the mixer as it whipped the eggs up.
2 cups flour
1/2 cup veg oil
1 3/4 cups milk
1 tablespoon sugar
4 tsps baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
chocolate wafers (you can use milk chocolate or even red or pink wafers)
heart edible decorations
1. Beat eggs until fluffy. Add all other ingredients & beat until smooth.
2. Pour batter into the waffle maker and follow waffle maker instructions. If your waffle maker is not heart shaped, you can easily use a heart shaped cookie cutter and add a stick in the base while the waffle is still hot.
3. Let the waffles cool for about 30 minutes.
4. While waffles are cooling, pour sprinkles and decorations in bowls.
5. Melt chocolate wafers in a double boiler or in the microwave.
6. Dip the top of your heart into chocolate then sprinkles or other edible decorations.
7. Lay them on wax paper or use a styrofoam blocks to stand them upright.
8. When they are cool, put each of them in small freezer bags or wrap the top in a clean bag to cover the treat and added a little tag on the stick “I heart you, from your friend xxx”
This is a great idea to take to a Valentine’s Day Party or to make along with other Valentine’s Day-inspired snacks for afterschool!