I have made these sweet Valentine's Day love notes for my boys and my husband. They loved the surprise of opening this treat like a Christmas cracker and even more, they appreciated the little notes I had written for them. It's a simple craft to do for your kids, husband, grandma, or teacher, as well as a lovely homemade touch on Valentine's Day.
foam hearts in various sizes or foam sheets or construction paper in red, pink and white (cut your own hearts)
2 pipe cleaners
red tissue paper
wrapped candies or chocolates (optional)
1. Write 5-6 sweet love notes to your child, on the large heart shapes (my hubby got one too!). Examples:
"You are sweet"
"I love your smile"
"You make me laugh"
"You are a great big brother"
"I'm so proud of you"
2. Fold the notes if they are too large and insert them into the toilet paper roll.
3. Add in chocolates if you like!
4. Take one or two sheets of red tissue paper and roll the toilet paper roll up in it. Leave both ends open.
5. PInch the two ends and tie them off with a pipe cleaner.
6. Decorate your cracker-shaped tube and write your child's initials or name on the outside.
Surprise your child by leaving this on their pillow or placemat on Valentine's Day! Just watch those smiles as they realize just how special they are to you!
momstown originally published this craft in 2014