If you were raised in the 80s this has a different meaning, but for this purpose, we are talking ice pops for kids! We searched our favourite sites and asked our moms for their top recipes to bring you 10 fabulous and creative ways to make ice pops this summer! From fruity fizz to chocolate and dreamy, we have tons of options to switch it up and have some frozen fun!
1. These fruit salad pops from Martha Stewart are so pretty! Imagine the looks on your guest's faces when you serve these at your next BBQ!
2. Did you have Jello Pudding Pops as a kid (with Bill Cosby on the box)? I did! Now you can recreate them at home with a recipe from Kraft. You can even switch it up to make rocky road pops with marshmallows, nuts and chocolate chips!
3. Did you know that Walmart Canada has a site with several tips and recipes? We found this next recipe for Berry Jello Pops in the Walmart Live Better Magazine and are they fruity and fun!
Berry Jello Pop
Place 3 raspberries in each mould., add 1tbsp of ginger ale in each section. Freeze for 30 minutes.
Mix raspberry jello mix with boiling water (see package for amount). Let cool to room temperature – about 30 min.
Remove moulds from the freezer and drop in blueberries to make a layer.
Pour enough ginger ale into jello mix to make it bubbly.
Pour into moulds (blueberries will float to the top).
Let chill for 4 hours to freeze.
4. Not sure what to do with watermelon that is just too soft to eat? Try this fabulous watermelon berry pop recipe from Today's Parent and never waste a single bit of summer's favourite fruit!
5. I love these Blackberry Pink Lemonade Pops with frozen Minute Maid lemonade. So refreshing!
6. I didn't forget about a little "adult" fun this summer- how about a Lime Margarita Pop from Confections of a Foodie Bride! I suppose you could forget the tequila….but why would you want to do that?