The truth is that I didn't open this wedding gift until we had been married 11 years (unbelieveable, huh?). I really didn't know what I was missing! I started to see recipes all over the internet last fall and I had to jump on this retro cooking bandwagon. I finally took it out of the box and never looked back! While the look of my slow cooker could use an update, I sure do love what I can create for my family!
Reasons I Love the Slow Cooker:
1. It can cook all day while I work!
2. It is a healthy and simple alternative on those crazy days when you rush to your kid's programs and head for the drive thru.
3. My husband thinks I slaved over the stove…but I really went for a manicure while dinner was cooking!
4. It is one pot to clean!
5. My kids love to help with the prep work- it is easy and safe for them.
6. There are incredible recipes on Pinterest and spice packages in the grocery store to add to your own imagination!