1. We love this "Red Fish, Blue Fish" footprint craft from our Baby Basics event in Central Alberta!
2. Thing 1 and Thing 2 Photo Craft is a cute way to use your child's photo for a Dr. Seuss themed-event or party!
3. Easy twist on "Green Eggs and Ham" with this quiche from momstown Mississauga.
4. We LOVE these Plant Pals from momstown Edmonton! Watch Thing 1 and Thing 2's hair grow as your child's plant sprouts!
5. momstown Niagara created handprint Lorax crafts as well as handprint Thing 1 and Thing 2 crafts for all the kids to take home at Art and Play.
6. There are several ways to make the Cat in the Hat's hat, how about with a toilet roll and pipecleaners or practice patterning with cotton balls! Or you can help your preschooler with patterns, number recognition and even counting with this cute Cat in the Hat craft– they won't even know they are learning!
7. Have some sensory fun by making your own Oobleck (just like the Dr. Seuss book!).
8. We love these Cat in the Hat yogurt pops or fruit kabobs!
9. Horton Hears a Who is a huge momstown fave, so we created Horton elephant crafts to decorate the walls!
10. Put on a Cat in the Hat puppet show, with these paper bag puppets or masks.
Here are our favourite Dr. Seuss books to introduce your child to this beloved author.
momstown originally published this article in March 2014