ceramic mug (dollar or craft store)
ceramic or porcelain paint in a few colours
1. Make sure the mug is clean and dry.
2. Carefully dip your child's thumb into the paint — coating well — and press against the mug to create a thumbprint. Let it dry. Be sure to quickly wash the paint off of your child's hand.
3. Using permanent markers, draw on the eyes, arms and legs to each thumbprint (one for Dad, one for little one).
4. Write a Father's Day message (we like "Dad and Me") in permanent marker. Be sure to add names and dates.
5. Place the mug in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
6. Allow the mug to cool and wrap it up for Dad!
Note: This mug is only handwashable and can't be put in the dishwasher!