foam hearts available in many colours at most dollar stores
various colours of yarn
1. Punch holes in any random pattern all over the heart. Use fewer holes for younger children and more holes for older ones. To punch holes in middle, just fold over the heart and punch two holes at once.
2. Cut various lengths of each colour yarn.
3. Tie the end of one yarn anywhere on the heart.
4. Show the child how to put the yarn in a hole and pull through.
5. Sit back and let them be creative, choosing where to "sew" next.
6. When the string is all threaded, tie it off and start at Step 3 with a new colour.
7. Continue until all strings are done.
Sent in by Tammy Bonney (@nazcat on twitter)
momstown originally published this craft in 2014.