yellow felt, construction paper or foam
orange felt, construction paper or foam
brown pipe cleaners
1. Ask your child to trace something that is a large and small oval and cut them both out from yellow felt, foam or paper. You can do more than one for a bunch of chicks!
2. Cut an orange triangle and glue it on as the beak.
3. Glue on the smaller oval for the wing- only glue half so it appears "3D" and flapping.
4. Glue one googly eye on the chick, above the beak.
5. Cut brown pipe cleaners into two longer and 6 shorter pieces. Wrap the three shorter pieces at the bottom of the longer piece to make the chick's feet. Repeat this for the second leg.
6. Glue the pipecleaners to the back side of the chick. Play with the pieces of pipecleaners so that your chick can stand!