Adapted from Two Peas & Their Pod; and damndelicious.net. Be sure to follow Dad in the Kitchen on Instagram.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a mini muffin pan or coat with nonstick spray.
• In a large bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, baking powder and salt.
• In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, milk, brown sugar, canola oil, egg and vanilla.
• Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
• Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tray.
• Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
• To make the cinnamon sugar, combine cinnamon and sugar.
• When the muffins are done, cool for 2 minutes and dip each muffin into the melted butter and then into the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
• Let cool on a wire rack.