We have searched the web looking for the BEST tips to help you impress your loved ones and become the turkey goddess in your family!
1. To prepare the turkey for roasting in the oven, first remove the giblets (and save for gravy or stuffing). Next, rinse the bird inside and out and pat dry with paper towels.
2. If you are stuffing the bird, stuff it loosely, allowing about ½ to ¾ cup stuffing per pound of turkey.
3. Brush the skin with melted butter or oil. Tie drumsticks together with string (for stuffed birds only).
4. Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh. The thermometer should point towards the body, and should not touch the bone.
5. Bake until the skin is a light golden color, and then cover loosely with a foil tent. During the last 45 minutes of baking, remove the foil tent to brown the skin. Basting is not necessary, but helps promote even browning.
6. The turkey is done when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F (75 degrees C) at the thigh.
7. For carving tips, try allrecipes.com
8. Have you every tried to brine your turkey? Here is a fabulous recipe.
Don't forget the supporting cast of dishes…we have some of the best recipes to help complete your turkey feast!
10 Ways to use leftover cranberry