Thanks to a momstown Central Alberta member but sharing this hidden vegetable muffin recipe!
Prep: 10min Total: 35min Makes: 12 muffins
nonstick cooking spray
1 c firmily packed light or dark brown sugar
1/2 c natural peanut butter
1/2 c carrot puree
1/2 c banana puree
1 large egg white
1 c whole-wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Coat a 12-cup Muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper baking cups.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix 1/2 cup of the brown sugar with the peanut butter, the carrot and banana purees, and the egg white, using a wooden spoon.
3. Put the flour, baking powder soda, and salt in a bowl and stir to mix. Add the bowl with the peanut butter mixture and stir just to combine (the batter will be little lumpy-do not overmix). Add the remaining 1/2 cup of brown sugar and stir once or twice.
4. Divide the batter among the muffin cups and bake until the muffins are lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center, 15-20 min. Turn the muffins out onto a rack to cool.
5. Store in an airtight container at room temp for up to 2 days, or wrap and freeze for up to a month.
I know this doesn't sound that great but my kids are very pickie eaters and ALL FOUR of them LOVE these muffins. I just didn't tell them what was in them until after they tried them. Happy baking 🙂