I know my boys NEVER wear the matching top and bottoms of their pajamas, so we created this fun game of mix and match!
foam sheets (dollar store)- you could use felt too
foam shapes, letters, numbers, animals, dots, etc.
any craft embellishments
1. Draw a pajama top and a pair of bottoms on your foam sheet. Make sure they are two separate pieces.
2. Get your child to practice cutting by cutting these out in several colours.
3. Decorate a matching pair with the same embellishments, ie. animals, shapes, pompoms, buttons, etc. There needs to be one top and bottom that are decorated the same. The decorating options are endless! Be sure to let the glue dry.
1. Mix them up on the table or floor. Can you find the match? What colours match? What decorations match? Which one is the top and bottom? Talk about all the silly combinations with your child and notice shapes and colours.
2. Make patterns with your tops and bottoms;
ABAB patterns can be made by alternating colour or tops/bottoms.
2. You can even turn this into a fun dress up game! Make a pile of tops and bottoms from everyone in the family (even Dad!) and time yourself on how fast you can get dressed in a top and bottom. Try to find the matching set!