Using paper plates and paper tubes, preschoolers can work on colour and shape recognition, patterning and hand-eye coordination! Did you win? Make a gold medal for the winners! Here's how you can make your own Olympic ring toss game.
paint in blue, yellow, black, green, red (bring out all the colours so that you can play "find the colours")
medium size paper plates (thin ones, found at any dollar store)
paper towel tube or two toilet rolls
1. Cut the centre out of 5 paper plates- older kids can help with safety scissors.
2. Ask your child to find the blue, yellow, black, green and red paint.
3. Paint each plate one of the 5 Olympic flag ring colours.
4. Let them dry overnight.
5. You can glue them on a white background and create an Olympic Flag OR you can play Ring Toss;
6. Using a paper towel roll or two toilet rolls to make a longer tube, play ring toss! You can decorate your tubes if you like or add more to make it even taller.
Can you get the rings on the tube? Can you get them in the order they are on the flag?