Ok moms this recipe is just for you! We need to keep the momentum going for clean healthy eating.
1/2 cup quinoa
1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth (or water)
2 generous cups of baby spinach
2 cups of cooked chicken (either from a store-bought rotisserie chicken or 2 cooked chicken breasts)
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
1/2 cup diced cucumber
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
Freshly ground pepper for seasoning
1. Heat quinoa and broth (or water) in a saucepan on medium high heat until it comes to a boil.
2. Stir, cover and reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Once 5 minutes has past, remove lid and fluff with a fork.
3. Move quinoa to a large bowl and toss the hot quinoa with the spinach to wilt slightly.
4. Add in chicken, red onion, cucumber and cranberries and toss together.
5. Pour olive oil and lemon juice over salad and toss to incorporate. Season with some freshly ground black pepper if desired.
Check here for all of Kara's Recipes.