Kids love the sounds that it makes and the way in which they play this fun instrument. Learning about Chinese New Year, try these great foods and other crafts for kids.
optional for decorating:
1. Lay one paper plate face up and glue the popsicle stick to the edge of it to make a handle.
2. Put a line of glue all around the rim of the plate and place the other plate face down on top of it. Allow the glue to dry.
3. Once the glue has dried punch 2 holes along the rim of the plate on opposites sides of each other.
4. String some beads onto two pieces of string, then thread the string through the holes and tie a knot.
5. Now you can shake the drum back and forth. The beads will hit either side of the plate and make a "drumming" noise.
Feel free to decorate the drum any way you'd like. If you choose to paint, you may want to paint before you punch the holes in it.
momstown originally published this craft in 2013