I've seen many variations of these cute mason jars on Pinterest, but the daunting task of dying cheese cloth seemed a bit much for me! I've simplified this cute craft using paper towel strips! Yup! It will take you less than 5 minutes to make these sweet little decorations! My kids went nuts helping me and when you add in a flameless battery-operated tea light, it is the perfect touch to your dinner table or to the front step waiting to greet your little trick or treaters this Halloween!
batter-operated tea lights
1. Cut strips of various widths from paper towel roll.
2. Cover the outside of mason jar with glue.
3. Start to wrap the paper towel strips around the jar to create one layer. TIP- USE THE BACKSIDE OF THE PAPER TOWEL FACING OUT- IT LOOKS MORE LIKE "MUMMY" FABRIC.
4. For the second layers, glue the paper towel strips and randomly create layers. Keep layering and add glue if necessary.
5. Complete with googly eyes.
6. Turn on the battery-operated tea light and place inside- turn the lights off and see what you created!