momstown Burlington member Ashley gave us this recipe for easy and kid friendly Macaroon Kiss Cookies – thanks!
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 package (3 oz.) cream cheese, softened
¾ cup sugar
1 egg yolk
2 tsp almond extract
2 tsp orange juice
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
5 cups sweetened coconut flakes, divided
48 Hershey’s Kisses
1. Beat butter, cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until well blended. Add egg yolk, almond extract and orange juice; beat well.
2. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
3. Stir in 3 cups coconut.
4. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
5. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
6. Heat oven to 350 F.
7. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll balls in remaining 2 cups coconut.
8. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
9. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
10. Remove from oven; immediately press chocolate on top of each cookie.
11. Cool 1 minute; carefully remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.