Get your kids in the kitchen to help make them! Cooking with your junior chefs is a great way for kids to practice measuring, pouring, scooping, mixing, and math!
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Line muffin tins with paper muffin cups.
2. Combine first four ingredients in a big bowl and mix well. Stir in grated cheese.
3. In a medium bowl, beat together eggs and remaining ingredients.
4. Make a well in dry ingredients, and pour in egg mixture. Stir until just combined. Spoon into prepared muffin tins.
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Note: this recipe is very flexible. Feel free to add 1/2 chopped olives, 1/2 cup grated zucchini, 1/2 finely chopped blanched broccoli or 1/2 chopped spinach. You could also substite cheddar for other varieties such as feta, and adjust spices to your family's preference. Dry mustard can easily be replaced with basil, oregano, or other flavours your kids love.