No need for National Geographic here! Currently residing in our nest is “Big Fatty”, ‘Small Tough Guy”, “Daddy Longlegs” and “The New Guy’ (he was the last spider in). We could add more spiders but we’re having difficulty keeping up with the fly demand.
We catch flies in a butterfly net, move them to an empty pill bottle and then open our waterbottle cap door and put the bottle in the door and in fly the flies! Oops – right into a web! Eager eyes watch a spider wrap a fly into a web bundle and have some lunch. All in a days nature lesson!
1. Cut a hole on each side of the salad container and cover with mesh for air.
2. Cut hole to the size of bottle cap so you have a removable door for feeding lunch to your friends.
3. Fill one side of the salad container with leaves & twigs for a natural environment.
4. Then tape up the salad containers together.
5. Hunt for bugs and open the bottle cap door to send them in.