Here is what you need to make a paper plate firefighter hat:
1. Paint a paper plate red, and allow to dry:
2. While plate is drying, cut a crest shape out of yellow constructon paper. Draw an "F" and "D" on the crest with a black marker:
3. Once paper plate is dry, make a "U" shaped cut in the inner portion of the paper plate. Size the cut to fit your preschooler or toddler's head. Here is what it should look like from the front and back:
4. Glue the crest onto the inner flap portion of the plate, and bend it upwards until you are happy with the shape:
5. Put on your helmet, and get ready to fight fires, rescue kittens, and drive that fire truck!
momstown originally published this craft in 2013