On a walk in the woods with our dog, I found a little fallen tree. I remember seeing a wreath on Pinterest made from wood slices so I asked my husband if we could drag it home with us. So here is what resulted from my find- I’m in love!
wood slices (I cut the fallen tree into 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch slices)
Fabric or ribbon
1. Find something circular to get the basic shape for your wreath. I used a wreath form but you could use anything (i.e., plate).
2. Place your wood slices around the circular shape and make sure that they fit – you may need to fiddle with them to get them to sit side by side.
3. One at a time, hot glue the slices together on the sides.
4. Continue gluing as you go around the entire circle making sure they have good contact between each slice.
5. Place a second layer of wood slices on top of the first. Place this layer a little on the inside of the last. Try and have each upper wood slice overlap two of lower slices to ensure stability.
6. Glue this second layer of wood slices in place.
7. Decorate with Spanish moss or any other natural materials you find.
8. Add the fabric/ribbon bow and hanger.
9. Put the wreath on your front door for some fall décor!
Submitted by momstown guest blogger, Heather Black.