1. Remove the lid of your shoe box and paint the inside to be a great natural colour (we choose brown). Use this image below for great inspiration!
2. Go outside to collect your natural items to add to your dinosaur habitat. We love using rocks, leaves, greenery, sticks.
3. Make a small volcano from playdough, like this one or use a cup from an egg carton (inverted). Be sure to use red for lava!
4. Add your natural materials to the inside of your shoe box, after it's dried.
5. Add some blue paper in the centre (or you could use a small dish of water) as the water element in your habitat.
6. Add in some plastic dinosaurs and talk to your child about what they look like, what makes them the same or different.
7. Make a label for the outside of your shoe box and put it on display.
Photo credit: Dinosaur image from Everything Dinosaur.