The recipe makes roughly 8 to 10 large dad size burgers.
2.5 lbs ground beef. Aim for 80/20% fat (ask you butcher)
1/2 medium cooking onion finally chopped
Roasted bulb of garlic squeezed out
1 Tbsp paprika
2 tsp salt
Generous amount of coarsely ground pepper
Any other Fresh herbs or favourite spices
1. To avoid over-handling the meat, place the ground beef on a clean counter and spread the meat into a long flat log. Spread the onions, roasted garlic, paprika, salt, ground pepper and any other herbs or spices evenly over the meat.
2. Now start pinching good sized portions of meat and spices from one end and shape into large burgers without over handling the meat. Do this until all of the meat is used up.
3. Place the burgers on a hot grill and let them cook for 4 to 5 minutes on one side and then flip them onto the other side and let them finish cooking. When using fresh meat from a reliable vendor, you can cook the burger safely to medium or medium well. Well done will often dry out the burgers.
4. If you want to use cheese, place the cheese on the burgers about one minute before they're finished on the grill to melt it a bit.
5. Now place the burgers on toasted fresh buns, add your favourite toppings and enjoy. These burgers are so good that I rarely crave leaving home for a restaurant burger.