Making your homemade pinatas serves dual purpose: It's a great way to spend some family craft time with the kids and you get your decoration/pinata completed for your party!
What you need:
1. Tape two regular toilet papers together to make one long roll (if you are using a paper towel roll, that should be long enough).
2. Tape a string long enough to be pulled at the end of the pinata to the inside of the roll.
3. Cut a circle shaped tissue paper and pull the string through it. Then, tape the tissue paper to the bottom side of the roll. Be careful with this step as the tissue paper is delicate and if pulled, the paper will rip. It should look like this picture.
4. Cut strips of coloured tissue paper big enough to go around the toilet paper roll. Then cut fringe strips all the way (almost to the top).
5. Layer the strips on the toilet paper roll with glue. You can alternate different colours of tissue paper.
6. On the top end, tape a string for easy hanging.
7. Fill your pinata with goodies.
It's so much fun seeing the kids pull their pinata full of goodies. Plus, it will make your party spot look great!