Sure, you can hit the party store for decor, but why not introduce the kids to the colours of Canada, by making their own Canada Day decorations, like thes flags! It’s a great time to talk about our national colours, the symbols of Canada and what this day means.
red paint and red markers/crayons
string or ribbon
1. Cut the paper plate in half.
2. Paint your child’s hand to create the “leaf” in the centre of the plate (the rounded side should be the top).
3. Add red vertical stripes for the sides of the flag, or just let the kids decorate the plate with their own creativity!
4. Make a hole in the top of the plate (the rounded side) and tie in a ribbon or string.
5. Complete your “flag” by gluing red streamers along the straight side of your plate.
Hang them around your deck, inside your umbrella, along the railing, and across the front of your house to show your Canadian pride!
Happy Canada Day!