My 7 year old daughter thought these tasted best with a drizzle of honey or some jam, and I loved them smeared with just a bit of butter alongside my morning coffee.
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup large flake oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp Kosher (coarse) salt
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
2 large eggs
1 large banana, mashed
1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
1/4 cup 1% milk
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, and line a 12-cup muffin pan with large paper liners.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine flours, wheat germ, oats, baking soda and salt.
3. In a second bowl whisk together the melted coconut oil. honey or maple syrup, eggs, banana, pumpkin and milk.
4. Fold wet ingredients into dry until fully incorporated. Fold in cranberries.
5. Divide batter evenly among the paper liners in the muffin pan.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Let the muffins cool, and enjoy warm with a drizzle of honey, some jam or a small smear of butter.