4 cups old fashioned oats
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup dried cranberries (or other fruit)
1/2 teaspoon ground flax seeds and/or hemp seeds
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup canola oil or 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup honey or natural maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
2. Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
4. Pour the wet ingredients over the oat mixture and stir to combine.
5. Place granola mixture on a parchment lined baking sheet and shape into a rectangle, about 13 x 9 x 1 inch thick.
6. Bake for 40 minutes.
7. Allow to cool completely then cut into 3 x 1 inch bars.
** Individually wrapped, the bars will remain fresh for several weeks.