When I was pregnant with my first baby, I struggled to find ways to make sure that daddy-to-be also felt included and as much a part of the pregnancy as possible. He decided if we were going to find out the sex of the baby (first a strong NO, followed by a YES on the way to the ultrasound!), he read to our baby and help pick all the nursery and baby equipment for our registry.
When Father's Day rolled around and I was about 18 weeks pregnant, I decided to buy him a UC-Baby gift certificate to see our baby boy in 3D (I've given gift certificates at several baby showers)! I can remember that day really clearly. We met at the Mississauga office and got ready for the appointment to see our baby in a way we had never seen before. Of course, my husband got in on the fun and we took a "belly" shot at the front door to document the event!
We were both extremely emotional as we saw our little boy's face, his hands, his body and yup, even THOSE parts! If you look closely at the photo on the right, you can see our son giving us "two thumbs up"! LOL. We both walked away with photos on a CD as well as a video and couldn't wait to share them with the world. We were able to email the photos to our family and friends, but would have to wait for a live visit to show them the incredible movements on the DVD.
Pregnant with TWINS four years later, we weren't sure if we would do the 3D experience again. After the hospital ultrasound didn't clearly distinguish the gender of the twins, we decided to book another appointment at UC-Baby in Vaughan (locations had grown across Canada in four years!). Again, we were blown away when we saw our two BOYS on the screen. Their faces pressed together and even their bodies looking like mirror images. It was powerful to see our babies in 3D and we couldn't wait to meet them (see our boys below).
With two incredible experiences with this amazing technology, I couldn't imagine missing out on these memories. While I understand that some parents want to wait for the surprise at the delivery, I can assure you that knowing how your baby looks, seeing them move in 3D, brings your bonding experience for both moms and especially dads, to a whole new level. Even if you don't want to know the gender of your baby, they can still show you their face and body without that "special" view. The best part now, is that UC-Baby has once again adapted their technology and now offer FREE live broadcasts (in real time) and "Video-on-Demand" (complete with a free app available on iTunes), so that friends and family can view your video online without having to wait!
1. First Canadian company in elective 3D Ultrasound that was founded and run by a medical doctor.
2. Experienced and fully licensed ultrasound technicians.
3. Uses the most advanced technology available to date and answer all of your questions.
4. Most trusted and recommended by obstetricians, family physicians, nurses and midwives.
5. Satisfaction Guaranteed – Free repeat sessions for scans where gender or face is completely hidden.
6. Heartbeat Bears for the sharing of precious moments.
7. Live Broadcast of your session anywhere in the world.
8. UC Baby Rewards: Valuable gifts, discounts and samples.
9. Warm and nurturing environment for the comfort of the mother and her guests.
10. Coast-to-Coast convenient locations with weekend and evening appointments. Several package options to choose from.
11. Diagnostic service available in selected provinces.
12. The latest technology for sharing- Free Live Broadcasting, iTunes app and Video-on-Demand to share with family and friends.
13. UC Baby Gift Certificates in any denomination.
Be sure to enter our contest for yourself or to give as a baby shower gift!