What holiday crafting is complete without a handprint craft for mommy and daddy to treasure! You could easily do this Shamrock craft with paint on your child's hand, but we loved the green cardstock that made it jump off the black board! Complete it with a special poem and this is fridge-worthy for St. Patrick's Day!
green scrapbooking paper, cardboard, bristle board or foam
black bristle board (you can use white, but the black just popped!)
poem printed on white paper (you can also handwrite it)
a little hand to trace!
1. Trace your little one's hand onto the green paper or board.
2. Cut this handprint out 3 or 4 times to make the leaves of your shamrock.
3. Glue them down on the black board to create the leaves.
4. Glue on your printed poem.
5. Add a date and name and it's ready to give as a gift for someone special!
You can also do this as a painted handprint craft. Leaving drying time between the 3-4 handprints before you glue on the poem.
Here's a lucky shamrock,
made with hands of green.
To tell you that you're the best
Mommy and Daddy that I've ever seen!
I am a shamrock
Who hides on the ground.
When you come and find me,
Don't make a sound.
Pick me up very carefully;
Don't let me fall apart.