Medium size clay flower pot
Green paint (one to two shades)
Button in gold, silver or green
Black ribbon or 1.5” tape (I used hockey stick tape)
Green foam or cardstock
1. Paint the clay pot green (making sure you invert it and paint the bottom of the pot, which will be the top of the hat).
2. Let the pot dry for about 1 hour.
3. Wrap ribbon (and secure it with glue gun) or tape just above the rim of the pot.
4. Add a button on the black detail (I only had a green button, but used a silver marker
5. Cut out a green shamrock from foam or cardstock, using a template from here, and glue it beside the button.
Use this decoration around the house, on the mantel or as a centrepiece!