Father's Day is around the corner and we have the BEST homemade crafts just for Daddy!
Heavy cardboard for the main part of the trophy and the stand (found in my recycle bin)
Cardboard for the sides of the trophy (found in my recycle bin)
dried macaroni and other pasta shapes
gold spray paint
1. Cut out a trophy shape from a piece of heavy duty cardboard. I drew one in pencil (took a few tries) and then cut it out. Cut a slit in the bottom (about 2 inches). Cut a rectangular small piece of cardboard that you will insert into the slit at the base of the trophy so that it can stand up.
2. From the thin pieces of cardboard (cereal box, cracker box, etc) cut out two 'C' shapes for the sides of the trophy. Don't glue them on just quite yet.
3. Squeeze some white glue on to the trophy and use a paint brush to spread it over all areas of the cardboard.
4. Start adding your dried pasta in whatever pattern you'd like.
5. Once all the macaroni is on, leave it to dry for a few hours. One caution is to not overload the trophy with too much pasta or it will be too heavy to keep standing up.
6. Once the trophy is dry, glue on the sides of the trophy (the two 'C' shapes you cut out) and then spray paint the whole thing in gold. You'll also have to spray paint the other small piece of cardboard that will be the base to help stand up the trophy.
7. Once the spray paint is dry, cut out a shape to be used as the trophy plaque and write your Father's Day message (#1 Dad, World's Greatest Day, Happy Father's Day, etc) and use white glue to glue it on.
8. Slide in the base piece in the slit at the bottom so that the trophy can stand up and you are done!
Happy Father's Day, from momstown Oakville!