We love these 5 ideas for eco-friendly toys for your toddler or preschooler;
1. PlayMais® is a new creative material for those crafty kiddos! Made from corn as a yearly renewing resource, it is organically grown for the PlayMais production and is also biodegradable. Totally safe if your little one decides it should go in their mouth! You can buy large boxes to use your imagination or you can buy smaller sets that come with instructions.
2. Hape Wooden Toys and Books were a momstown favourite at a recent toy fair. With all natural materials with mostly wood and water-based paints, these are products that you can feel confident are safe for your child. With each toy having a unique developmental benefit, we think Hape Toys are a huge hit! We love these books about vegetables, beautiful wooden alphabet puzzle and wooden drum that is perfect for making beautiful music and promoting fine motor skill development.
3. It is impossible to describe the feeling of touching and playing with Sands Alive, but momstown moms LOVE this indoor sand experience for preschoolers! Consisting of sand and other natural ingredients, it is mess-free, 100% organic and never dries out. It is non toxic, hypoallergenic, bacteria resistant, water soluble, and gluten free.
4. Could there be a better name than The Green Toys®? We have fallen in love with every toy that they make. One of our favourites is this incredible train that is made in the USA from 100% recycled plastic milk jugs that not only saves energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions, but it is also just as much fun as any other train set on the market! Our other pick is the set of non-toxic recycled dishes for imaginative play. The Cookware and Dining Set helps to reduce fossil fuel use and CO2 emissions, meets FDA specs for food contact and is dishwasher safe!
5. Bring literacy to life with Story Builders from Sprig Toys. With easy to build panels and blocks that allow preschoolers to build quickly, this earth friendly playset contains over 95 pieces of story-building fun. Their Story blocks are made from SprigwoodTM and the panels are printed on recycled paper using water based inks. We love that the young designer set out to create battery-free, eco-friendly, paint-free, kid-powered toys sure to impress the most discriminating preschooler.
Do you pick toys that are better for the environment?