I don't know about you, but when the air gets cooler and the trees change colour, I can't wait to get to an apple orchard with the kids and pick apples. Every year, I try to find a new apple recipe to make with the kids.
6-8 apples sliced
1/4-1/2 cup water
2 tbsp lemon juice
3/4 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon (or more!)
1/2 cup butter
1. Put the sliced apples in shallow 2qt baking dish with water. If the apples are juicy, add lemon juice.
2. Mix the flour, sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl.
3. Cut butter into dry ingredients with pastry blender or 2 knives unitl crumbly.
4. Sprinkle butter pieces over apples.
5. Bake at 375 about 1/2 hour or until apples are tender.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!!!
Check out 12 apple recipes from real moms for more ideas on what to do with all the apples that you picked!