bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
bag of Chinese chow mein noodles
bag of mini eggs
1. Melt your chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl for approximately 30 seconds. Remove and stir. Microwave for another 30 or at 15 second intervals until melted. Be sure to stir in between, as it might be melted underneath.
2. Stir in Chinese noodles, at least half of the bag. Mix until coated entirely with chocolate. Add in more noodles, if needed.
3. Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper.
4. Spoon out some of the mixture to make a 10-12 "nests" about 3 inches in diameter. Use your hands to make sure they are formed nicely on the wax paper.
5. Top each "nest" with 3 mini eggs (feel free to test some). This is a great chance to have the kids join in and do some counting and colour patterns!
6. Place the tray in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Enjoy! Happy Easter and Happy Spring!
momstown originally published this recipe in 2014