1. Cutting out a number of heart shapes out of red and pink felt scraps (each heart measured approximately 2.5 cm across).
2. Cut red, pink, white, and purple ribbon so that they are long enough to tie into a bow around a child or adult's wrist.
3. Collect purple, red, white, and pink buttons.
4. Simply place a button on the centre of a felt heart, and thread a length of ribbon through a wide needle. Poke the needle through the back side of the felt heart, and up through a hole in the button. Pass the needle through the opposite button hole, and pull the ribbon through. This is a perfect craft for older children to do with adult supervision. Each bracelet only required one "up and down" type stitch and a blunt needle.
5. Take the craft even further by creating a special card to go with the bracelet. Cut out blue cardstock rectangles, and tied a bracelet around each one:
Add a "Happy Valentine's Day" message on the front, and a "You are Cute as a Button, Valentine" message on the back completed the cards.
With just a few minutes, and a few scraps you probably have around your house, you can make your own heart bracelet and wear your heart on your sleeve this Valentine's Day too.
Submitted by momstown Calgary.