We had some leftover mason jars from some soup we made, so I wanted to have some Halloween fun creating some new decorations to get into the holiday spirit! I found some green duct tape and knew exactly how I wanted my jar to look- just like Frankenstein! My boys really loved helping with this project and now we have a candy or cookie jar just for Halloween!
green and black duct tape
black sharpie marker
double sided adhesive foam
corks (great excuse to drink some wine ;-))
1. Wrap your jar with green duct tape, leaving about an inch at the top. It's hard to keep flat, so don't worry, if it's ridged.
2. Top the jar with black duct tape. Take off the lid and wrap it off the jar and make sure you can still screw on the lid.
3. Glue on googly eyes and hold until dry. You can use any size eyes or add details with black marker, like I did.
4. The corks for Frankenstein's bolts are very heavy, so I used double sided adhesive foam tape for each side. You can also use real bolts or screws or even cut corks in half if you only have one. You could use black beads, buttons or other items as well.
5. Draw on a nose and mouth using black markers. I chose to use a "stitch" look for my jar.