I’ll be hosting Christmas dinner this year and I wanted to do something special for our table setting. I have lovely red chargers, but I took a trip to Michaels and bought 12 new silver chargers (2 for $5) so I could DIY something unique! I created a simple and creative way to personalize my table this Christmas. These would also make terrific gifts for teachers, grandparents or even to take as a hostess gift!
charger (any colour)
black chalkboard paint
1. Using sandpaper, make the centre of your charger rough so that the paint will stick.
2. Using a foam brush, paint black chalkboard paint in one coat going one way. Let it dry for one to two hours.
3. Paint a second coat the opposite direction. Let it dry for one to two hours.
4. Chalkboard paint works best if you rub the chalk all over and wipe off to “condition” the paint.
5. Now you are ready to write a message; write the person’s name for a place card or write a holiday message like “Have you been Naughty or Nice“, “Merry Christmas“, “Joy to the World“, etc.
Check for our indoor Christmas Decor Ideas for under $30 too!