This is one of the best side dishes that I’ve had in a long time and a new favourite for my kids! A perfect side to a BBQ meal or winter roast, this potato casserole is a family favourite! Easy to make and perfect to make ahead! You can even freeze the dish for a simple frozen side.
1 pkg hashbrowns
1 can Mushroom soup
1 small onion chopped
1 cup sour cream
Some squares of butter
1 cup shredded cheese
1/4 cup bacon crumbled (optional)
1 cup shredded cheese on top.
1. Mix all ingredients, except the toppings, in a large bowl until potatoes are coated.
2. Pour into a large casserole dish.
3. Top with 1 cup shredded cheese and bacon crumble (optional).
4. Bake uncovered at 375 for about 45 min.
* Tip- if you are serving this dish at dinner, you can make this ahead earlier in the day. You can mix and let it sit or bake ahead and reheat.