1 package chocolate or regular graham crackers
1/2 cup butter
1/2 firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup hot water
3 cups miniature marshmallows
1 cup red and pink smarties or m & m's
1. Preheat the over to 350F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, leaving an overhang. Spray with cooking spray.
2. Put down the graham crackers onto the sheet so they cover the entire thing, right to each edge. Get the kids to help line up the graham crackers on the baking sheet. It is good practice for creating a pattern and for figuring out the best way to put them down so that they covered the whole sheet.
3. Encourage the kids to help measure out the marshamallows and candy. They can even taste a few for quality control!
4. Melt the butter and brown sugar in a pot over medium heat, stirring often until smooth and mixture comes to a boil. Add the hot water. Pour evenly over the crackers and bake for 6 minutes or until bubbly.
5. Remove from the oven and sprinkle on the marshmallows. Put back in the oven for about 3 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with the red and pink candy and put back in the oven for 1 minute. Cool completely. Lift from the pan and cut into small squares.
Have a Sweet Valentine's Day from momstown Oakville!