I hosted a princess party for my daughter and aside from the pretty tea cups and saucers, we made colourful fruit skewers as an appetizer and accompanied it with a heart cut-out shaped cream cheese sandwich. The girls enjoyed their party and all the colourful snacks.
There is no need to wait until a special occasion to eat some rainbows! These ideas are perfect for lunches or after school snacks and play dates!
Whole Wheat or White sliced bread
Fruit (Strawberries, grapes, blueberries)
Cookie cutter of any shape (we used heart shape)
1. Cut the crust off slices of bread.
2. On one side of the loaf, use any cookie cutter and cut the middle part of the slice (we used the heart shape but you can use any cutter to match your theme party).
3. Add cream cheese to your slices and close.
4. Add sprinkles to the top.
1. Prepare your skewer sticks (I normally wet the stick to avoid wood splinters and I cut them to a about 8 inches).
2. Add your theme stickers to the end of the stick (we used different princesses). If you do not have stickers, you can print from any picture found online and cut to size.
3. Wash the fruit and dry completely.
4. Add your fruit to the skewer sticks (kids will love to help with this job- great patterning and colour practice).
5. Combine the sandwich and fruit skewer on a plate and serve your princesses (or superheroes if you change your theme).
momstown moms and kids are learning all about colour this month at our weekly events! Try these 10 activities to help your child learn about colour and colour mixing!