The Chinese New Year is fast approaching and even you don’t celebrate it, you can teach your kids a little about it.
In the Chinese Zodiac there are 12 signs. The snake is the 6th sign.
Being the year of the snake, why not have your little ones make their own. It is an easy craft that all ages will enjoy.
construction paper (2 or 3 colors)
small scrap of red construction paper
scotch tape or glue,
wiggly eyes (optional)
1. Cut about 16 strips of construction paper 2 inches wide and 10 inches long
2. Make your first strip of construction paper into a ring and tape or glue it together
3. Slide your next strip of construction paper through the ring and tape or glue it into a ring
4. Repeat the process until you have a long chain of construction paper rings.
5. Cut a tongue shape from red construction paper (Y shaped)
6. Fold a small tab at the end and glue it onto the head (the front construction paper ring)
7. Glue on wiggly eyes or draw eyes on with a marker. You can even make the eyes out of construction paper.
submitted by momstown Milton