I’m always looking for fast and easy desserts to make for casual summer BBQs so I was so thrilled when my son’s Godmother came over with the ingredients to make this delicious treat! The kids loved to help cut the fruit and ultimately decorate the “pizza” any way they wanted to!
Brownie Mix (we chose low fat)
Cream Cheese brick (we chose lite variety, keep at room temperature before baking)
3/4 cup of sugar
Fruit- strawberries, grapes, raspberries, blueberries, kiwi, bananas, etc.
1. Make the brownie according to directions on the box and bake in a round pizza baking sheet. Bake and let it cool before creating your pizza.
2. Mix 3/4 of a brick of cream cheese with 3/4 cup of sugar until creamy. Set aside.
3. Get the kids to wash and help cut the fruit. Leave blueberries and raspberries whole, Cut strawberries, kiwis and bananas into thin slices and grapes in half.
4. When brownie has cooled, gently spread the cream cheese and sugar mixture across the top for a thin layer.
5. Let the kids decorate the top of the pizza by making shapes, strawberry flowers, writing their intials in blueberries or any abstract design! This is a great time to practice patterning with your child! Be prepared for some “quality assurance” when you kids eat the fruits while they decorate!
**Alternatively, if making this with multiple children, bake mini pizzas in smaller tins so they can decorate and eat their own creation!
**Other varieties on this is using a cake for the base, pie shell or graham cracker crust or even a chocolate chip cookie!