Hit the grocery store to grab the ingredients you need to host a memorable backyard BBQ party with these burger ideas from momstown moms and our favourite sites!
1. Go Greek! Try ground chicken or turkey and some traditional Greek ingredients like feta and olives for this delicious and lower fat burger! We love to serve it on a pita. Opa!
2. We love these Salmon Burgers from Canadian Living. What a great alternative to beef or chicken for a warm summer meal. Serve on specialty rolls from your favourite bakery and top with elegant but unusual toppings like seafood sauce, capers, and sweet pickles.
3. Less fat than beef and so flavourful, give Bison Burgers a try for your next BBQ party. We promise the guests will be talking about it for months! You can usually find Bison at your larger grocery stores.
4. Hail Caesar! Combine two of any BBQ party's faves into one dish with Caesar Burgers. Make these patties, grill them up and serve with bacon, extra caesar dressing and shaved parmesan for toppings! We love these burgers on toasted thick Italian bread.
5. Try this kid-friendly twist on a classic burger, by creating a "mash up" burger and meatloaf recipe! Nothing like keeping it simple with the ingredients that kids love! These are great to make into mini sliders for the kiddos.
6. Meatless Monday ideas are everywhere, but you can also make it a BBQ night when you grill up a Portobello Mushroom Burger and top with cheese and balsamic to give it a "meat-like" taste. Get creative with some yummy toppings too.
7. Need a great vegan or gluten-free option at your next party? Try these incredible Spicy Gluten-Free Black Bean Burgers and serve with lettuce to wrap it up. Your guest will be appreciative and ask you for the recipe!
8. Want to get the best "crunch" from your burger? Try Bobby Flay's Signature Crunchburger topped with a mustard mayo and potato chips! His best tip is to toast the buns for optimal crunch factor.
9. Sticking to a Paleo or low fat diet? You can still enjoy burgers with this Paleo Mexican-inspired burger or BBQ Mexican burger with salsa and guacamole toppings. Skip the buns and overload on avocado and tomato toppings for colour and flavour.
10. Did someone say bacon? Create a burger that will keep the guests talking until next summer with these Bacon, Cheese and Onion stuffed burgers. Create the patties and then stuff the filling in the centre before you put them on the grill. What an incredible surprise at first bite!
Don't forget that traditional BBQ recipes can also double as the perfect topper for a fabulous crusty roll or bread. Using our best steak marinade, you can slice up your steak and serve on a roll.
Best BBQ Party Tip when serving burgers? Set up a condiment bar with traditional and not-so-traditional toppings; tzatziki, hummus, mango salsa, shaved parmesan cheese, blue cheese, or even bacon jam!