1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoons lime juice (juice of 1 lime)
1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 firm bananas, peeled
1/3 cup dark rum
4 scoops ice cream
1. In a small bowl combine sugar, melted butter, lime juice, and cinnamon.
2. Brush bananas with about 1/4 cup of butter mixture.
3. Place bananas on center of BBQ cooking grate. Grill 2 to 4 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling.
4. Slice grilled bananas and place slices in a flameproof dish.
5. Pour remaining 1/2 cup butter mixture into dish and place dish on center of cooking grate. Cook 5 minutes.
6. Remove dish from grill. Quickly pour rum over bananas. Light rum with long kitchen matches.
6. After flames die out, serve immediately over ice cream.
Makes 4 servings.
Note: For another tropical treat, you can substitute 2 semi-firm mangos for the bananas. Peel and cut into 1-inch thick slices.
Shared by momstown Barrie moms on their Girls who Grill Virtual event