Great recipe for Thanksgiving or even normal dinners with just for your family. Kids love it as it's sweet and smells oh so good in your oven!
6-8 Sweet potatoes
Brown sugar & Butter
1. Peel and slice raw sweet potatoes (yams).
2. Peel, core and slice 3-4 apples (width-wise so that they are like little rings).
3. In casserole dish, line up on edges alternating yam, apple, yam, apple until dish is full.
4. Sprinkle liberally with brown sugar and "dot" with butter.
5. Bake for about an hour (or yam is soft) on 350.
Alternatively, you could switch out the sweet potatoes for butternut squash for another similar dish.