Are you ready to BLAST OFF this month, with momstown?
We are learning all about space with creative crafts and informative books…but who can learn on an empty stomach? We’ve gathered some “space” themed snacks that are sure to impress your little astronauts! Make sure you wash down these delicious treats with some MILK from the Milky Way!!!
1. Create a variety of easy and quick Asteroids or Space Balls with your kids.
2. Get out your star cookie cutters or cake pans to create star shaped fruit slices, cheese or even sandwiches.
3. Make “Astronaut Mix” with your favourite snacks, raisins, cereal and candy (Froot Loops, popcorn, smarties, pretzels).
4. Make a Rocketship sandwich
• 2 slices white bread (use thin bread for best results)
• 1 slice whole wheat bread
• Cheese slice
• Assorted pepper slices
• Cucumber slice
• Cheese for star
• Sandwich filling of your choice
1. Trim off crusts and cut bread slices into a rocket shape.
2. Fill with sandwich filling of your choice.
3. Cut rocketship legs from whole wheat bread and fill.
4. Make cheese slice and orange pepper legs to add to the top of the whole wheat legs.
5. Cut three, thin radish slices for rocketship windows.
6. Make flames beneath the rocketship from yellow pepper.
7. To finish, cut a star from a cheese slice or orange pepper. Make a “moon” slice from cucumber.
5. Remember Moon Pies? Try this simple recipe that kids will love to make.
6. Make an impression with a Rocket Ship cake! Here is a great “how-to” video from Betty Crocker!
Complete the space theme with easy decorations for your picnic in space;