Kathy and Kim have come up with some tips on how to make the take home gift more than a 'gift grab'.
1. Theme: What makes your child happy? Do you have a dino obsessed little guy? Your very own little princess in training? A future hockey star? When you build the party theme around your child's interest they'll be proud and excited to share their enthusiasm or hobby with their friends. The loot bag should be a reflection of that special interest your child has and in turn they'll feel pride in passing on a gift of thanks to their guests.
2. Plan ahead: When it comes to loot bags planning is everything! Take time in the weeks ahead of the party to look at your guest list. Consider the ages of your guests and the theme of the party. Include your child in the planning can add to the excitement of the approaching party but can also foster some responsibility. Children can write out a list for you of the guests names and loot bag ideas.
3. Be practical: As important as #2…is # 3. Being practical is crucial in loot bag success. Coming up with loot bags is part of the work of throwing a party. No one wants to have their work thrown in the garbage. Selecting a functional item for your loot bags means the gifts will be welcomed by parents and enjoyed by kids.
4. Have fun! Loot bags might be work but they shouldn't be a chore. Have fun brainstorming ideas with your child. Get them excited about finding the perfect way to thank their friends for coming to their party. Brainstorm together, go online and look for ideas with your child.
5. Mind your manners! Loot bags are the perfect opportunity for both the host and the guest to show appreciation. The birthday boy or girl should be at the door passing out their loot bags. This is the perfect opportunity to show thanks to your guest for coming and sharing in the special day. Equally important is the chance for guests to say 'thanks for inviting me'. Everyone likes to feel appreciated and parties are a LOT of work…don't forget to have your child thank the mom and dad who have thrown the party too!
BONUS THOUGHT: A personalized gift always shows how much you care and that you've taken the time to create a very special item just for the person who receives it. Loot bags that are personalized are more than a token to say "thanks for coming", they are a reminder of a special occasion celebrated together and a cherished keepsake that will last well beyond the car ride home!
Kathy and Kim are both mothers of two and owners of Kathy and Kim Originals. Experts in outfitting families in personalized, practical gear for home, school, sports, gift giving and more they have designed and created hundreds of loot bag combos for their customers with birthday party themes like monkeys, dinos, princesses, pirates and more! From pool parties to hockey parties Kathy and Kim Originals makes loot bag giving easy and fun for moms and kids.
Kathy and Kim Originals loot bag mugs can be customized for each guest at your party. Shatterproof and made in the USA, choose from KKO Character or Starring YOU! mugs.