Get creative and keep costs down by asking guests to bring a scary dish and even help you create the decorations! momstown moms love to host parties for all celebrations
1. Have a costume competition! Get the grown ups in on the fun and have some silly Halloween prizes! Ask guests to fill out ballots to vote for the best costume in a few categories; silly, scary, creative and best couple/family! Do a costume parade around the house to music or play freeze dance to Halloween music.
2. Make decorations at the party! Don't worry about having all the decorating done before guests arrive- get them to help create them! Buy a few pumpkins (or ask guests to bring one per family) and get each family to carve their own pumpkins or paint them and then bake the seeds using these 5 recipes! Get the kids to create some Halloween crafts and let them decorate the house!
3. Have scary food that they'll remember! Don't be afraid to have some fun with food! Create a creepy looking table with your regular party favourites, all dressed up for Halloween! Try these creepy dishes to get you started and ask guests to bring a dish too! You can even do up food labels to get your ghoul-on- ie. call punch "Witches Brew".
4. Keep the treats to a minimum! The kids will be getting tons of candy on Halloween night, like Nestle Scary Bars, but if you want to give them a little bag of treats, try something non-edible like these 23 ideas!
5. Know your guests! Little kiddos might want the creepiness to be kept at a minimum, so keep in mind the ages of your guests before you bring out the ghosts and goblins! You can still have lots of silly Halloween fun, without upping the scare factor!
Will you be hosting a party this Halloween? What is your best tip?